Thursday, August 6, 2009

When I was reading Amusing Ourselves to Death, by Neil postman. I realized something strange when I read that a man wanted to air his heart surgery on live television because he thought the doctor would not fail on air. First I thought it was relay admirable on the doctors side, because if he would have messed up during the procedure, his whole career would have gone down the drain and nobody would have trusted him anymore.

This has lead me to believe that it was more the doctors choice rather than the patients to have been shown because the pressure that would have been on his shoulders. Also that people choose to use television as a "medium" for entertainment, and some use it to get famous. In this day and age if that doctor finished the procedure on air he would have probably have his face everywhere, like news papers and billboards probably even on youtube.

3 comments:

  1. I would think a doctor being on tv while doing a percedure would make him way more nervous, ya know? There is no way anyone should put things like that on tv.

    ReplyDelete
  2. But when you think of the impact of how much suspense and how much drama would be going on, it would be stupid not to air it. But other shows such as "The real Wives Of the OC", now that's something that is absolutley pointless to have on television! It's not really entertaining and I find no knowledge out of the process of watching it. i personally despise it but you might love it, it's your choice.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The real housewives series is soo dumb, I mean really? Please flaunt how rich you are to the whole world. I don't understand reality tv shows. I really don't.

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.