Thursday, August 13, 2009

Prob: ratings are down Solution: a hitman and a camera ?

Today I sat on the couch and began skimming through the channels. I kept it on Access Hollywood. After seeing a couple stories about recent movie premieres and celebrities vacationing in Europe, there was a story that caught my eye. There is a Brazilian television host, Wallace Souza, that is being accused of ordering murders to boost his ratings. I immediately wanted to research the details, and I found this article. Souza is an ex-policeman whose television carrer began after leaving the police force due to being accused of other crimes. When police noticed his cameras showing at multiple murder scenes with freshly decreased bodies, they got suspicious. Souza denies planning these murders of drug trafficers.
The media is so obbessed with their television ratings and will go to desparate measures to increase them. Drug trafficers or not, they are still people. I used to think problems relating to people addicted to technology were mostly found in the U.S., but apparently this is not the case. This problem is international.

1 comment:

  1. I heard about that too. Already Postman's theory is coming true. We are "Amusing Ourselves to Death".

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.