In Amusing Ourselves to Death Niel Postman states that "Time is a product of a conversation man has with himself about and through the techniques of communication he has invented."(24) Is it true that the invention of time by man has helped us in any way? I would think so because it seems that everything we do is based upon a clock. The clock and time was invented by man and now we only base our lives and plans on a certain time. If there wasnt such a thing as time what would the world do. Time has become such an important invention in our lives. I cannot imagine what the world would be like without time. As I write this blog time and communicate with others through this blog has passed time. Time is actually the product when we conversate with others is it not? Whenever we have a conversation with people the product that comes out is time. Even though sometimes I think we take advantage of time and forget that it should not be wasted because time cannot be gained back.
Monday, August 17, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I agree because with time, society can interact more. It makes things more systematic. People wake up at certain time to go to work or school. Some plan to meet others at specific times.
ReplyDeleteWithout a clock we would still be able to interact a lot, but I don't think it would be as efficient as, let say using sunrise/noon/sunset as a tool to pinpoint time.