
Is this too small to read? If you click on the image, it gets bigger, but in case you are just too tired to do that, I shall transcribe the dialogue here below.
TITLE: The Internet is Down, Day 1
Pam says: The internet is down.
The other guy says: But that's our only connection to the rest of the world!
Pam: "Only"? Have we really become THAT dependent on the Internet?
Guy: According to a blog I read, YES!
Guy (Hands covering face, in obvious emotional pain): What if a celebrity died? I could be missing the media frenzy!
That comic strip is very true true. The internet has become a thing that can perform multiple tasks. More and more depend on the internet for things like shopping,taking college classes,or even just reading the daily gossip blog. The internet has many things to research and do. With all the new technology we are aloud to do much more on the internet than just look up a website. There are even opportunities to read books watch movies or televison and comunicate one on one with someone. These options eliminate the need for things like having to leave the comfort of your own home. These things are what makes the internet so addicting. once your hooked on this facinating creation there is soon a constant need for it.
ReplyDeleteI must admit that, while never quite as extreme, I have felt a degree of what "Guy" is feeling. I get very flustered when the internet is down or even running slower than usual. I use my internet to talk to friends, look up information, and I’d be lying if I said that I didn’t use it for entertainment. The internet service I used to have was very unreliable and seemed to go down whenever I was doing something important, like a research project. Luckily the internet my parents now pay for is much more reliable, and I no longer feel the need to yell out in anger while completing a research assignment.
ReplyDeleteIt's kind of sad because I think I've been that guy a few times before... I've cut down a lot on computer time and watching television this summer though. I'm not sure if it's because of Postman, but it's a really nice feeling. I have more time and before I go to bed, I don't feel like I've wasted yet another day anymore.
ReplyDelete...And how did you know her name is Pam?
It's kind of interesting seeing how I used to be back then. It just shows how dependent we are on just one thing. It is true that the internet is another connection to the world and something we have to count on now, especially in school and work. However, there are always alternate resources that we can depend on. Which is why I agree with Pam more than "Guy" when she says what she says on the second strip.
ReplyDeleteI actually want to know how you knew that her name was Pam too... and why the man's name is "Guy"...