Tuesday, August 11, 2009
while reading Brave New World i found the soma very interesting. Okay so its like there "feel good" drug they use for everything. When they are having bad thoughts or just a bad day they take the soma and it makes they feel better.The one thing i loved when i read it was that they have a soma ice cream bar. I dont know about you guys but i think its amazing the efforts the director takes to keep everyone feeling happy.The drug they use to keep them from thinking about what they would be without there conditioning. oh yea and they director telling Bernard about his trip to the savage reservations. I know they are conditioned not to have emotions and all but the director showed another side to him when he told Bernard that story. Maybe he was having her for more than 4 months. Im still wondering why they came up with that.But everyone please comment.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I agree you with that they try to incorporate soma into their lives as much as possible. It reminds me of alcohol today. I've even seen little chocolates filled with liquor.
ReplyDeleteI'm still a little confused about your question at the end of the thred. You said "Im still wondering why they came up with that." What exacatly are you referring to? The director's story about Linda?
Sorry i didnt make that clear i was wondering why the director came up with that rule about not haveing someone for more than 4 months.
ReplyDelete