Does anybody else get the feeling that we have gone overboard? That function is not our main priority anymore? But then I have to ask myself what is. I almost feel like we as humans have an urge to overcompensate our superiority over animals by destroying any similarities. For example, do we really need to wear clothes? I mean yes I understand that we need it for warmth but what about in this heat. Plus how many of us sacrifice comfort for fashion? I know there is plenty of girls that stand outside freezing but won't wear a sweater because it simply doesn't go. Hmm... a little too much don't you think? So then I guess some of you will argue that people running around naked, no matter how hot it is, is simply absurd because it is inappropriate. So I raise the question why is it inappropriate. I think I have come to some kind of a conclusion, or maybe a hypothesis I am not sure what to call it. Anyways, maybe it is seen as inappropriate because nakedness is associated with having sex. Why sex is seen as something so inappropriate and secretive I have never understood. I mean why can't kids grow up knowing about sex like in Brave New World? Now I am not saying that they should go out and participate in sex, but why can't they learn that sex is simply the human way of reproduction? It is because we as civilized people have warped sex into something sick and disgusting that is unsuitable for children to see. Overboard? Maybe.
And how bout dishwashers? Do they really help wash the dishes. To me it seems kind of the same work to actually wash them. Are we really moving forward, or do we just think we are when we're only moving in circles? How much more technologically advanced can we get until we go too far?
These might be lame examples, but they're ideas that I've been starting to wonder about since I finished my summer reading.
Sunday, August 9, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
One reason I do not think people walk around naked is because it is looked down as immoral by the Christian faith, which still is most prominent in America. Teaching children about sex will probably confuse them. Also, remeber when girls and boys could play together and didn't notice differences. One reason for this is because there was not any differences until they were told about sex or when a boy was made fun of for liking a girl. With out knoledge of sex there is no harm, but might make a bigger gap in difference between gender.
ReplyDelete