Saturday, August 1, 2009

New World Man

I love my ipod. I take it everywhere I go. I dont have every song there is but I have the ones I like. One of those songs is called "New World Man" by Rush. Rush was a bit of a Techno-ie band who had about six awesome songs. "New World Man" was a story about a society who had one leader and that leader was the one man everyone trusted and looked up to. In the song it refers to the "Old World Man" who was his predecessor. His struggles are to achieve the same greatness and skills that the older man did so easily. But he is also paving a new road for the third world man which is his supressor.

Then song made me remember the same system of powers that go on in daily life. We here in the present are the "New World Man" or men to be graamatically correct. We are trying to have a good system of education and lessons of right and wrong so that our childern can have a bright future. We are "paving the world for the third world man." While we are constantly trying to match what our predecessors did before our time. It's a game that will always have the same characters but it's our turn to play, and we are doing one h e double hockey stick of a job.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.