I love reading your posts; you're all so smart and thoughtful, and you've taken to the spirit of this assignment. I predict that we're going to have a good year together.
Here's what I don't know...how many of you will there be?? Right now, I have three senior classes and two AP junior classes, but it may have to switch to 3 AP junior classes, and 2 senior classes. If you kids stick with this, and turn in your notebooks like you're supposed to, you're going to break about 38 senior hearts when we close that class to make room for one more AP class...a record at Mayfair, and probably the biggest challenge of my professional career. I'm up for it, though. Bring it!
Here's what I must say: beginning next Monday, August 17, I will be teaching a 72-hour class to other teachers...72 hours in ten days = 7 hours a day (730-330 with an hour lunchbreak), plus a homework assignment here and there. What that means is that I am going to be BUSY, absorbed -- my attention will be elsewhere. In the middle of all that, your notebooks will be coming in...on my 52nd birthday (August 22), I'm going to buried in a big pile of work. (Lucky for me, I love it.)
But what this means is that at midnight, August 21, I am going to stop reading/grading the blog. Did I say that already anywhere? Do you know that already, or is this coming to you as a big surprise? At some point, though, I have to draw the line, don't I? Get back to me on this.
Maybe I could just stop grading, but you could still post, and at some point, I could just look back at what you did between August 21 and September 2...but I would really rather just draw a line and say: "For summer homework, this is it."
Comment, please.
Also, Newbies: Have you watched the video I posted in June? Have you read the poem I posted in June? Have you read "Detractors of Maturity of Style and Perspective"? Did you see that I summarized two Sunday newspapers for you?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Don't take away our forum! You don't have to read it, but let us still use the blog throughout the school year, please.
ReplyDeleteI always had the assumption, (sometimes I am not very observant,) that it wasn't due until the first day of school, but I think you gave enough heads up to let everyone get all the blogs in. I think you should punish as harshly for all the blogs in the course of a week or less if someone had already planned out when he/she was going to blog over the rest of this month.
ReplyDelete