Went camping...no electronics anywhere -- what a relief -- and I sat under a tree to re-read Brave New World. I guess I'm reading it for my 5th or 6th time now? What a strange book! Does your version have a Foreward by Huxley? I like that he said he would like to imagine another, third possibility for Savage, and that we want to create a world where technology is a tool in the service of humanity instead the other way around...
Are you one of those readers who doesn't read prologues, afterwords, appendices, or forewards? I usually skip them the first time I read any book, but I always go back and pick through them when I'm done...there are notable exceptions of course.
Anyway, lots of you have been asking about the Annotated Webography, but I haven't posted it yet. I will start to feel guilty about it, but then I remember that it's not due until the first day of school and it's easy. But I will finish it up soon...I've been thinking of adding more YouTube stuff, and I'm surfing, checking out my technology gurus on Twitter -- I don't want to use sites that you are likely to find on your own with a simple Google search of "Postman" or "Brave New World." I encourage you to do that...there's a ton of good stuff out there, as I'm sure you must know.
I'd like to point you toward writers and thinkers who enhance* what you are already doing...so I'm recrafting the assignment. I could trot the same one I did last year, but I really don't want to. That's what's taking so long. That, and inner tubing on the San Luis Rey River.
*Have you checked the links that are on the blog?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.