Friday, June 26, 2009

Something Fishy

I find it odd that no one has mentioned the many allegations of molesting young boys that were made against Michael Jackson. He was an amazing artist, but that doesn't negate the fact that he was just slightly creepy during the last five to ten years of his life. He may have been exonerated, but that doesn't mean he was truly innocent. It's terrible if all of those accusations were lies, but he was still tainted by the label of "pedophile." I'm sad that he died. Sorry for upsetting anyone by bringing up the more unsavory parts of his life.

3 comments:

  1. Well, certainly since he died, I don't feel its appropriate to bring up his child molestation cases (which was 10 in total I believe). I mean, yes it was a part of his life. But, I can't help but feel like just let him be. He's dead, he can't even defend himself. I feel bad at he died without clearing all that mess up. I would feel bad if I died, and the last thing anyone remembered of me was that I was accused of molesting children...unless it was true that he did those things. But just like his child molestation accusations and if Mrs. Ramsey killed her daughter, the world will never know.

    ReplyDelete
  2. As I hear more and more talk surrounding Michael Jackson, I see much talk that is ill-informed. All the talking of him of being a "child molester" or "pedophile", bleaching his skin to become white, or the situation with the nose. First of all, he was exonerated, as previously stated, of the allegations and such. The reason he bleached his skin was because of a skin disease. Large white patches caused him to depigment his skin. Lastly, it is said his father called him "Big Nose." I don't blame him for getting plastic surgery after possible mental trauma. It is depressing for people to speak of great man like Michael Jackson in a way that is degrading.

    ReplyDelete
  3. In response to Joseph's comment, I also think many people are ill-informed. We hear rumors or read stories in tabloid magazines and assume they are true. I do not think people realize that tabloids are all about making money. They write stories that are supposed to keep people hooked; they are not neccessarily true. Maybe reality is not as intersting as we would like it to be.

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.