Monday, June 8, 2009

A Fletcher Fact

Here is something I never want to see in my face.

11 comments:

  1. Unless it's been magically transformed into sushi.

    ReplyDelete
  2. To tell you guys the truth, I have always thought that humans are selfish in the ways they disrespect the environment. Now, I understand how people wish to live, but why do we take so much more than necessary. This is something that completely proves my point. It seems to me that with viruses getting stronger and stronger and with beasts like this becoming more immune to the tools we as humans have, we will end up causing our own demise.
    But, honestly people, is it truly necessary to live as luxuriously as we do. I understand the want but there is no need. The basic necessities can not be told any simpler as they have been, and yet we surpass them by far.
    Just a little bit of thought on us as a race.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You know, atrujillo, you are right. I wish you had signed your actual name so could get to know you better, and I could give you credit for this post.

    But here I was trying to be flip, and you are rightly responding to the environmental crisis this giant jelly is pointing at. However, you say that this jelly completely proves your point, but what would that point be? Make the connection for your readers. You speak of viruses and over-consumption. How are these related to the giant jelly? These points are clear in your mind, but since we are out here on the other side of your skull, you have to make the connections more explicit.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you Miss Fletcher, I understand that that is the whole point of this blog, to help us communicate our ideas more clearly ( as is necessary of any writer.) Anyways, here goes, to clarify on those things. My name is Alex Trujillo. I assumed that you might be able to figure that because I haven't encountered too many other Trujillo's around.
    Secondly, when they say "Human runoff has created a nutrient-rich environment for these giant jellies, and overfishing has reduced their competition in the oceans. And now these giants are taking over, able to tear through fishing nets and decimate local fishing populations," they say that people caused this to happen. People made it so that this beast could take over. Moreover, now that this is happening, they are decimating local fishing populations.....that can't be good.

    ReplyDelete
  5. P.S. I have changed my display name. Ho
    pefully it clears things up.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Alex, the problem is that I don't have my roster with me...so I don't know anyone's name. You could be Angela Trujillo, Antwon Trujillo...any number of names are possible. Thank you for taking the trouble to clear that all up, and for explaining yourself.

    And of course, I agree with you. If you were writing a paper, I wonder if you would keep or delete the part about viruses?

    No need to answer...just wondering. I have to go catch an airplane! Thank you again for taking the time...and now, I can give you "comment credit" which is good!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm not simply doing this for "comment credit." I think this discussion is rather interesting and it strengthens the purpose of the blog when it no longer becomes a chore and more of an interest. I would actually take out that part. I might be able to make an argument for man always making antibiotics to fight viruses and them consequently accruing strength. But, that wouldn't much prove the point because after all, it IS man simply trying to live.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sushi does sound great just about now. Yet, I do know what Alex is trying to tell us is right. I might not want to believe it, but I know that I could be selfish, which is hard to say. Humans just want to know more about our world and go into things they shouldn't do, and therefor we go right ahead and do it anyways. Those jellyfish ( which I'am sure that can survive without us.) do not need our help in creating nutrient-rich environment for them. So why do we do it anyways?

    ReplyDelete
  9. I think that Dulce is right in the sense that we humans go exploring into things we dont actually need, because the jelly fish are just fine without us,im sure. Instead the human race should be working on improving ourselves instead of the jelly fish in the ocean or exploring things that really are uneccesary, for example we should be spending money for charity's and hospitals, not pointless things like jellyfish or fighting in forein countries even.

    ReplyDelete
  10. ^ Sara Kodesh

    sorry, iom still figuring out this whole blogging buisness.
    :P

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.