Tuesday, June 30, 2009
The Now Network
Have you noticed how mostly everyone has the lastest gadgets? How you can find anything on your cell phone? Now, with the America's 3G network or even better the 4G network, you can find about anything or make a call as easily as tying your shoe. Verzion and Sprint companies try to convince you in buying the best device they have that season, better yet in the commercials they tell you how you can search the web, update on the latest applications. " The telegraph is suited only to the flashing of messages, each to be quickly replaced by a more up-to-date message. Facts push other facts into and then put of the consciousness at speeds that neither permit nor require evaluation" (70). This is telling us how fast we can change everything so quickly that no one can even take a second look of what we have done if we wanted to change something else. So many people at this very second are texting or making calls that are pointless and that arnt necessary for us to know about. Sadly, so many kids at school text in class without many teachers knowing about it. Yet, what bothers me when they ask me later what we need to do or have me give them my notes while they could of done it while we were being lecture in class. I' am not going to lie, but the last month of school I got a cell phone and I texted in a few classes, but I changed that habit I would turn off my phone and put it in my bag and try not get tempted to text people what they are doing. I mean does it matter what they are doing? They're just probably in another class doing the same thing or trying to actually do work in class.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I have noticed that everyone has the latest gadgets and technology. From a 5-year-old to a 80-year-old, everyone has a cell phone. A cell phone is all you need because of all the applications that are built into it. Cell phones offer GPS, Internet, music, games, communication, and most importantly, texting. Technology has transformed the way people function. About 10 to 20 years ago, people did not have commodities like Internet and cell phones, so society was different than it is today. It is true, cell phones distract students from class, and cell phones also distract adults on the freeway. A recent law has been passed to ban cell phones while driving, but I still see drivers using the cell phone as they drive. Cell phones have taken over.
ReplyDelete